Travelling - it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.

Sunday 4 May 2014

Valentine's Day Staycation : Swissotel the Stamford

It has been a sudden trend that Singaporeans started to have staycation in Singapore rather than spending time overseas. However, if there is no special occasion, I vow never to stay at any of the hotel here. The room rates are ridiculously expensive, at least SGD 450 a night. I was lucky to get SGD 370 a night at Swissotel the Stamford http://www.swissotel.com/hotels/singapore-stamford on a Valentine's Day.

I have requested for harbour view, but only get half of the view. As we are staying on the 45th storeys, access to balcony is not permitted. Ours was locked up as some guests might fell out of the building. Other than that, the room is spacious, and they do have a bathtub. I only look at two points whenever I'm staying at a hotel: spacious room & bathtub. Beautiful view is a plus point of course.


We had our dinner at Morton's Steakhouse http://www.mortons.com/singapore which was just a 15 minutes walk away from Swissotel. They have great service, I think the steak is too large for one person's serving since hubby could not finish his. By the way, Morton serves the best souffle I have ever tasted. I'm suddenly falling in love with desserts once again.


What is staycation without a swim at the pool? Another point I look for is swimming pool. Baby enjoyed playing with water while I'm just there snapping away. They do serve a great variety of international buffet breakfast though. Well, it is a five star hotel after all. Do check out my other staycations below:

- Orchard Parade Hotel
- One 15 Marina Club 
- Goodwood Park Hotel