Travelling - it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.

Saturday 24 October 2015

Sweet Bread

The first bread I made when I bought my bread maker. The recipe was from my Aunt, so no trial and error for me. This sweet bread tasted awesome.

Ingredients:

300 grams High Protein / Wholemeal Flour (I use Bread Flour)
200ml Water
60grams Dried Sliced Cranberries
30grams Sugar
30grams Butter
1 tablespoon Milk Powder
1/2 tablespoon Yeast
1/2 teaspoon Salt


~ Step 1 ~ 

Pour water into bread pan, followed by flour. 


~ Step 2 ~

Add in butter, sugar, and milk powder. I skipped the salt as I'm using salted butter. 

~ Step 3 ~

Next would be dried cranberries. For bread's ingredients, you can replace with nuts, raisins or sesame seeds. I once used chocolate chips, and ended up with a chocolate bread.

~ Step 4 ~ 

Lastly, add in yeast, and we are good to go.

 
~ Step 5 ~

I selected basic recipe with loaf size of 500grams bread, and medium crust colour (I usually go for light crust). The whole process from kneading to baking took three and a half hours.


My boy was quite fascinated with the bread maker. Lol..


I put too little cranberries when I made last week, so I increased my cranberries from 30grams to 60grams.

 
My perfect sweet bread with lots of cranberries, and light crust this time. Yeah!