Travelling - it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.

Monday 17 July 2017

10th Year Wedding Anniversary Staycation : The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore

Ritz-Carlton Singapore. My dream hotel since 15 years ago. I first fell in love with their bathtub by the huge octagonal window overlooking Marina sea. There was some news on the television promoting about this hotel. I told myself that I will do a stay-cation one day when I can afford it. 

I have been talking to families and friends about staying at RC for my wedding anniversaries for years. But the price for a one night stay inclusive of breakfast is about at least SGD680.00. With that kind of price, I can stay for two nights at another hotel. There was once I nearly booked a room on impulse. 

Keaton happened to pass by my desk, and he was shocked by the room rate. He said I could actually go for a trip to BKK with SGD600+. Well, he was right so I backed out last minute, and did not click the reserve button. 

This year is my 10th year wedding anniversary, and I must stay at a hotel which would be so memorable to me. I was so lucky to chance upon a promo through Trivago SG. RC per night for their simplest Deluxe Kallang with breakfast going at SGD422.00 per night. I booked immediately without a second thought. My room was upgraded to the elevated Kallang for a better view.


Hubby and son enjoying the Marina Bay view from lift lobby's window.


RC's standard room is already about 50 square metres. Super spacious room. I especially love the bathtub and the fact that they have four huge furry mats on the bathroom floor. I heard that RC uses Sealy mattress for all their guest rooms, and hubby commented that the bedding is soft and quite comfortable. I'm so impressed that they even prepared mouthwash as one of the toiletries.
 
Ethan loves the bathtub so much, he was even more excited than us. Whenever we went back to our room, the first thing he did was to take off all of his clothes. He could not even wait for the bathtub to be filled with water. Lol..


We were so excited checking out our room, and busily snapping away that we did not even notice there was a little surprise for us. Thank you Ritz-Carlton!


At Ritz-Carlton Singapore, everyone is always greeting and smiling at you. Good customer service ensuring all guests are well taken care of. Families with children, don't you worry. There is a Ritz Kids Club to keep them occupied. Your child will be given an adventurer passport with discovery map where he or she gets to explore around different areas around the hotel while getting stamps on the passport.

Once all stamps are collected, proceed to Ritz Kids Club for a surprise gift. Do visit the library, movie room, and campsite specially arranged for young children. Remember to redeem a free ice-cream from the Colony restaurant.


Ethan loves soaking in the bathtub!


Ritz-Carlton at night! Their breads and pastries are going off at 50% from 7pm to 10pm.


The pool is too crowded, so we ended up soaking in the tub most of the time. With a great view too.


Colony restaurant serves the best buffet breakfast I have ever had in my entire life. I'm serious, I need three full hours just to slowly eat, and try out every dishes. 


The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore
7 Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039799 | +65 6337 8888
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/singapore