Travelling - it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.

Thursday 10 September 2015

8th Wedding Anniversary Staycation : Goodwood Park Hotel

Goodwood Park is one of the hotels on my stay-cation list, and it is still quite reasonable during off-peak period of about SGD300+ per night. One of the reasons for choosing GWP was also due to the annual durian season whereby we get to try their signature desserts made of durians. *slurps*

The front desk was kind enough to advise us to use the main pool instead of Mayfair pool. The latter is kind of steep whereby it is not suitable for children. I was quite surprised as we were given a free upgrade to Deluxe Mayfair room. It comes with a balcony, though we were actually facing the car park with other nearby apartments.

I'm amazed by the hidden table, so suaku!

It was such a nice gesture of GWP to arrange for a cake to be delivered to our room when they found out that we would be celebrating our anniversary. I did not request for anything at all, and even if there was no special arrangement from GWP, I enjoyed my stay all the same.

Their signature cake, so delicious and sinful!
Men of my life wishing me a Happy Anniversary. *blush*
Anniversary dinner at Gordon Grill, and I had a pretty good experience there. Every staffs were friendly, top notch service, and of course, good food. We ordered a-la-carte, and they looked absolutely delicate to me.


Shopping at DFS Singapore after dinner acting like a tourist.


Goodwood Park Hotel's night view!


If GWP's buffet breakfast spread could have more varieties, it would be perfect. Rather disappointed as I had expected more from a 5 star hotel.


Pool time after breakfast, but we did not swim at the main pool. Just kind of played with water for five minutes. With so many eyes goggling at us while they had their tea was a no-no for me. So we went to Mayfair pool with more privacy since only in-house guests were allowed in there.

Mayfair pool
Main pool
The first thing we did after checking out was to indulge ourselves with the sinful durian cakes. There was rainbow ice-cream durian cake this year!

 
Goodwood Park Hotel
22 Scotts Road Singapore 228221 | +65 6737 7411
http://www.goodwoodparkhotel.com/default-en.html

Gordon Grill
+65 6730 1744 | gordon_grill@goodwoodparkhotel.com



Check out my other stay-cations as follows:

Orchard Parade Hotel
Swissotel the Stamford
One 15 Marina Club